LASHoff 2020 | Contest
2020 marks NovaLash’s 10th annual Lashoff Contest
LASHoff, held by NovaLash, is the eyelash industry’s first annual contest for eyelash stylists. 2020 marks the 10th year that NovaLash will award this amazing and highly coveted honor to the most talented stylists. It is held by NovaLash to promote top Lash Stylists and Salons from around the world to help further develop their business.
LASHoff Submissions will reopen November 2019!
- LASH Artist of the Year
- Fan’s Choice of the Year
- Classic Winner
- Volume Winner
- Submission starts Nov. 1, 2019
- Submission ends Dec. 31, 2019
- Fan’s Choice Voting starts Feb. 1, 2020
- Finalists Announced Feb. 1, 2020
- Fan’s Choice Voting ends Feb. 29, 2020
- Winners announced at LASHoff Party Apr. 24, 2020
The contest judges are comprised of an elite and highly experienced group of Advanced Master stylists, education professionals, and industry insiders. Our own CEO, Sophy Merszei is also very involved in the decision making process as well. The Judges will factor skill, technique, application, and overall spokesmanship.
Stephanie Yaggy Lavery
as Editor-in-Chief of Eye Lash magazine, finds herself at the forefront of the lash and brow industry. From new products and techniques to issues that surround the eyelash world, such the safety of lash adhesive and marketing to a social media audience, she is a leading source of news. With more than 15 years of experience in beauty journalism from consumer to trade and print to digital media, Stephanie—who also holds the title of Editorial Director of Creative Age Publications—is at her best when recognizing trends and making them applicable to both the customer and the professional. She has been quoted as an expert source for stories relating to the beauty industry in The New York Times, Shop Smart Magazine, Refinery29.com, TheDailyMakeover.com and Crain’s New York, among others, and has been featured on The Cut/NYMag.com, Access Hollywood, Fox5 San Diego and Fox5 Las Vegas, in the Associated Press and on the CBS Evening News. Stephanie also appeared as a guest judge on the Oxygen network’s “Nail’d It” reality nail competition series in December 2014.
is a lifelong beauty and hair fanatic, passions that led her to her current role as Editorial Director of behindthechair.com. Prior to BTC, Lauren worked in medical and healthcare journalism—now, she focuses her time on elevating new trends and techniques, front-row coverage at global shows and events, and creating content with the industry’s top brands and hairdressing professionals.
How LASHoff Contest Works
- ALL entrants must submit a video AND still images for judging.
- Finalists will be chosen and announced.
- The finalists will be judged by a Professional Lash panel for Lash Artist of the Year, as well as promoted for Fan’s Choice voting.
- Lash Artist of the Year will be chosen by the panel of judges. They will review the videos AND still images.
- Fans’ Choice will be chosen by the people. The same finalists’ still images (not their videos) will be published for the fans to vote.
- The judges will look for who has the “best” set of lashes, who applies them and separates correctly, what products they use, what they teach their clients, and their overall spokesmanship. BE ORIGINAL! BE CREATIVE! HAVE FUN!
- 3-5 min video highlighting your NovaLash technique and service standards (TIP: ensure your video is in focus, adequate lighting, and sound quality is audible).
Need some inspiration from 2019?
- Before + After photos of your lash technique (TIP: Use NovaLash stickers on model)
- High Quality photo of yourself or headshot (for use on social media and in magazines)
- Go to NovaLash.com/lashoff where you can enter and follow the on screen instructions to upload your information.
- Post a video up to 59 seconds on your feed notifying your followers that you’ve applied for LashOff 2020 using the hashtag #LashOff2020 and tell them why you love NovaLash!
Rules for Submission
- All Categories must include –
- You need to introduce yourself, business name and location
- NovaLash gel pads and stickers need to be used in the before/after photos plus video.
- You must show the NovaLash products used to create the look.
- A full set must be applied. No hybrid sets or half sets.
- The multiple length application technique must be visible with a thick, dark lash line by using lots of 8mm extensions.
- The glove technique must be used in the video.
- The miniMr and mini fan and/or AirNova must be used in the video.
- Clean and precise separation must be visible and demonstrated in the video.
- Videos out of focus or with poor audio will not be considered.
- Lash artist must explain the NovaLash method verbally and also visibly so if there was silence the views can still understand what they are watching.
- No copyright music can be used (so when the videos are on youtube they will not get flagged).
- A clean before and after shot in the video must be present.
- No other lash brand products can be used or shown in the video.
- There needs to be an explanation of the aftercare process or products, both verbally and visually.
- By December 31, 2019 you must have uploaded your #LashOff2020 video to your social media page (IG/ FB)
- Remember to have fun!
ALL winners may have the opportunity to:
- Receive 20% discount on NovaLash products. *
- Automatically become a Brand Ambassador for that year
- Marketing, Advertising and PR opportunities to help their business
- Photo shoot opportunity
- Travel to tradeshows and other events
- Over $25,000 value in advertising, marketing, cash, prizes, and travel with NovaLash
- A spread announcing the winner in a national magazine
- Over $10,000 value in advertising, marketing, cash, prizes, and travel with NovaLash
Winners will be flown to Houston for the annual NovaLash LASHoff party. A celebration will be held in their honor, as well as NovaLash’s award ceremony. Guests will consist of past LASHoff winners, media, celebrity stylists, and industry influencers who have helped pioneer NovaLash in its journey as the safest eyelash extension company in the world.