2019 marks the 15th anniversary of NovaLash
LASHoff, held by NovaLash, is the eyelash industry’s first annual contest for eyelash stylists. 2019 marks the 8th year that NovaLash will award this amazing and highly coveted honor to the most talented stylists. It is held by NovaLash to promote top Lash Stylists and Salons from around the world to help further develop their business.
LASHoff Submissions will reopen November 2019!
- LASH Artist of the Year
- Fan’s Choice of the Year
- Classic Winner
- Volume Winner
- Submission starts Nov. 1, 2018
- Submission ends Nov. 30, 2018
- Fan’s Choice Voting Dec. 2018
- Finalists Announced Dec. 2018
- Winners announced at LASHoff- Houston, TX Feb. 8, 2018
The contest judges are comprised of an elite and highly experienced group of Advanced Master stylists, education professionals, and industry insiders. Our own CEO, Sophy Merszei is also very involved in the decision making process as well. The Judges will factor skill, technique, application, and overall spokesmanship.
Stephanie Yaggy Lavery
as Editor-in-Chief of Eye Lash magazine, finds herself at the forefront of the lash and brow industry. From new products and techniques to issues that surround the eyelash world, such the safety of lash adhesive and marketing to a social media audience, she is a leading source of news. With more than 15 years of experience in beauty journalism from consumer to trade and print to digital media, Stephanie—who also holds the title of Editorial Director of Creative Age Publications—is at her best when recognizing trends and making them applicable to both the customer and the professional. She has been quoted as an expert source for stories relating to the beauty industry in The New York Times, Shop Smart Magazine, Refinery29.com, TheDailyMakeover.com and Crain’s New York, among others, and has been featured on The Cut/NYMag.com, Access Hollywood, Fox5 San Diego and Fox5 Las Vegas, in the Associated Press and on the CBS Evening News. Stephanie also appeared as a guest judge on the Oxygen network’s “Nail’d It” reality nail competition series in December 2014.
is a lifelong beauty and hair fanatic, passions that led her to her current role as Editorial Director of behindthechair.com. Prior to BTC, Lauren worked in medical and healthcare journalism—now, she focuses her time on elevating new trends and techniques, front-row coverage at global shows and events, and creating content with the industry’s top brands and hairdressing professionals.
How LASHoff Contest Works
- ALL entrants must submit a video AND still images for judging.
- Finalists will be chosen and announced.
- The finalists will be judged by a Professional Lash panel for Lash Artist of the Year, as well as promoted for Fan’s Choice voting. (Starts December 1st, 2018)
- Lash Artist of the Year will be chosen by the panel of judges. They will review the videos AND still images.
- Fans’ Choice will be chosen by the people. The same finalists’ still images (not their videos) will be published for the fans to vote.
- The judges will look for who has the “best” set of lashes, who applies them correctly and separates, what products they use, what they teach their clients, and their overall spokesmanship. BE ORIGINAL! BE CREATIVE! HAVE FUN!
ALL winners may have the opportunity to:
- Receive 20% discount on NovaLash products. *
- Automatically become a Brand Ambassador for that year
- Marketing, Advertising and PR opportunities to help their business
- Photo shoot opportunity
- Travel to tradeshows and other events
- Over $25,000 value in advertising, marketing, cash, prizes, and travel with NovaLash
- A spread announcing the winner in a national magazine
- Over $10,000 value in advertising, marketing, cash, prizes, and travel with NovaLash
Winners will be flown to Houston for the annual NovaLash LASHoff party. A celebration will be held in their honor, as well as NovaLash’s award ceremony. Guests will consist of past LASHoff winners, media, celebrity stylists, and industry influencers who have helped pioneer NovaLash in its journey as the safest eyelash extension company in the world.