RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
Any NovaLash Certified Stylist may enter from anywhere, globally.
How to Enter
How to Enter
- Submissions accepted between Friday, November 1st 2019 and Tuesday, December 31st, 2019
- Complete the application in accordance with all Rules and Requirements
- Provide a 5 minute maximum Video (over 5 minutes could mean disqualification)
- 4 model images: 2 Before and 2 After still images
- Upload 1 Headshot Image (of yourself)
- To enter, you must be a NovaLash certified extensionist and authorized to perform cosmetology services in the location(s) of operation. Knowledge of licensing requirements is the applicant’s responsibility. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Use of NovaLash product required.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name and contest media displayed on our website, in publications and any other PR and Marketing materials used by us for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. Failure to comply to rules and requirements may result in disqualification. Application subject to approval.
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered.
- We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
PHOTO AND VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Still Images: 2 Before and 2 After Images
- Showcase 2 before and 2 after images and appropriate NovaLash techniques.
- Limit 4 photos, 10 MB max file size each, in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Image #1: Prior to applying the NovaLash undereye stickers, take a close up shot/video scan of the client’s eyes open looking directly at the camera to see how the natural lashes look with eyes open. Then take a close up peripheral shot of the client’s eyes open. Close up shot of the lashes is a must and view of the whole face is appreciated.
- Image #2: Apply gel patch/undereye sticker. With the client’s eyes closed, take a close up shot/video scan of the lashes at an angle from behind the head so that a view from above is visible (easiest is to take the photo from the chair while the client is lying down). Close up shot of the lashes are a must and view of the whole face is appreciated.
- Image #1: Apply clean NovaLash undereye stickers. With the client’s eyes closed, take a close up shot/video scan of the eyelash extensions at an angle from behind the head so that a view from above is visible. Undereye stickers/gel patches must be clean in order for us to review the separation and lengths used. Close up shot of the lashes are a must and view of the whole face is appreciated.
- Image #2: Once the NovaLash undereye stickers are removed and full set is completed, take a shot/video scan from the same straight-on angle of the client’s eye open and looking directly at the camera followed by a close up peripheral shot of the client’s eyes open to show how the extensions look with the eyes open. A close up shot of the NovaLash eyelash extensions is a must and view of the whole face is appreciated.
- Submit a 5 minute maximum video. Video examples
- Limit 1 video, 5 minutes max length, 500 MB max file size, in MP4 or MOV format.
- State whether you are demonstrating Classic or American Volume Technique.
- MUST be able to understand what is happening in the video with and without sound
- Use subtitles or transitions to describe the steps and important points of the NovaLash technique
- Use NovaLash Adhesive with the Glove Technique
- – Highlight the correct amount of adhesive applied to an extension
- Use the Three-Length Bonding Technique – at least 3 different lengths
- Apply extensions correctly on top (not bottom or side) of the natural lash
- Must demonstrate Separation – multiple rounds
- Must use NL Under-eye stickers or NL gel patches (must have NL stickers on top of patches). No tape may be used during the application. Demonstrate how to properly place and check to make sure a tight seal is formed
- Dry and cure the adhesive using Air Nova with water attachment or NL mini fan and miniMr.
- Give client Aftercare instructions
Your Video Introduction – Tell Us Your Success Story!
- Answer These Questions
- Why did you choose NovaLash?
- What do you like about our products?
- What sets NovaLash apart?
- How has NovaLash made you successful?
- Before & After Footage – Close up shot of the lashes is a must on each image. View of the whole face is appreciated.
- Before Footage #1 – Take a close up shot/video scan of the client’s eyes open looking directly at the camera without patches/stickers
- Apply patches/stickers. With the client’s eyes closed, take a close up shot/video scan of the lashes from the lashing chair, while the client is lying down.
- Apply clean patches/stickers in order for us to review the separation and lengths used. Then with the client’s eyes closed, take a close up shot/video scan of the lashes from the lashing chair, while the client is lying down.
- – Take a close up shot/video scan of the client’s eyes open looking directly at the camera without patches/stickers.