When it comes to eyelash extensions, there are tons of choices – not only can you customize the length and curl of your extensions, but to a certain extent, you have options for the materials your eyelash extensions are made from. While you may see celebrities rocking mink lash extensions, there are a number of considerations when it comes to applying these types of lashes – learn what you need to know before you agree to mink eyelash extensions and why NovaLash chooses to offer the highest quality synthetic version.
What To Consider Before Getting Real Mink Eyelash Extensions
Since they’re made from real hair, mink eyelash extensions are praised for their soft and fluffy feel while delivering a dramatic look. Historically, mink lashes tended to last longer than synthetic lashes because they’re so light that lash artists could apply several extensions to each natural lash. However, the cons of getting mink eyelash extensions far outweigh the benefits – and, thanks to NovaLash’s advancements in lash extension technology, you can still enjoy a soft, fluffy, dramatic, and long-lasting look with synthetic options.
There are several drawbacks to getting mink eyelash extensions, including:
- Animal cruelty: Mink eyelashes are typically made from Siberian or Chinese minks. Often, these animals are subject to inhumane conditions
- Sanitary issues: Since mink extensions come from live animals, they are often associated with sanitary and hygienic issues
- Shape and curl: Real mink extensions will lose their shape and curl every time they get wet, forcing you to curl them on a daily basis
- Expense: These extensions are much more costly than faux mink options, and often range between $300-$500 per set
What To Know About Faux Mink Eyelash Extensions
As the leader in health and safety in the eyelash extension world, NovaLash created novaMINXTM, a luxurious line of faux mink extensions. Extremely soft and supple, these extensions provide a beautiful, glossy shine that rivals that of real mink extensions. There are numerous benefits of getting novaMINX extensions, including:
- Comfort: When applied correctly, novaMINX is lightweight, soft, and causes less irritation and friction compared to traditional mink lashes
- Effortless beauty: novaMINX extensions maintain their curl and shape, even when put in contact with oil, water, humidity, and sweat. This means you can skip the eyelash curler, mascara, and eyeliner every day!
- Sanitary: Avoid the sanitary issues associated with animal hair while still achieving a soft, natural lash look
- Cost-effective: You can enjoy the look and feel of luxurious mink lashes at a much more affordable price
Ready to try out novaMINX eyelash extensions? Find a stylist near you today!