Getting ready for your first NovaLash appointment? Whether you’re brand-new to lash extensions or trying out the award-winning NovaLash system for the first time, there’s some important tips you should keep in mind before sitting down in your lash professional’s chair. To help you prepare (and understand the important differences between NovaLash and other lash extension brands) expert lash artist Andrea Caban shares everything your lash artist wished you knew about getting extensions.
1. Your Set Of Lash Extensions are Completely Unique
NovaLash professionals are trained to create completely unique lash extension sets for each client. Many people bring in a picture of what they want their lashes to look like, but there’s much more that goes into lash extensions than aesthetics. “While we can usually get close to the look a customer wants, we have to consider what their natural lashes can handle and what looks best with their unique face and eye shape,” says Andrea. At the end of the day, NovaLash’s professionals want to give you a look that highlights your natural beauty while promoting the health of your natural lashes.
2. They’re Not The Same As Strip Lashes
Unlike strip lashes, which sit on your eyelid, lash extensions are attached to your natural lash. During your first appointment, your lash artist will adhere a lash extension to every single one of your natural lashes – which is why your appointment can take up to 2 hours, depending on the lash style.
Since the extensions are adhered to your natural lashes, your extensionist will closely examine the health of your natural lashes. Depending on how long, short, sparse, or thick your lashes are, your lash artist may suggest one style over another to prevent putting too much stress on your natural lash.
3. You Should Clean Your Lashes
Eyelashes are hair, and just like the hair on your head, you have to regularly clean your lashes and extensions. Unlike other lash extension brands, which break down when exposed to water and oil, NovaLash’s lash glue is immediately water-proof, oilproof, and sweatproof. This allows you to practice good eye hygiene and wash your lashes extensions daily. In fact, washing your lashes regularly will actually help your lashes last longer and prevent you from developing eyelash mites.
4. You Can Wear Your Lashes Year-round
If you’ve tried another lash extension brand, you may have been told you need to take a break from lash extensions every now and then – not so with NovaLash! Thanks to NovaLash’s scientifically-tested lash extension glue, lashes, and physician-developed training, it’s completely safe to wear NovaLash year-round.
In addition to using waterproof and biocompatible lash glue and extensions, NovaLash professionals are trained to work with your eyelash’s natural growth pattern. By carefully assessing what kinds of extensions your natural lashes can safely tolerate and performing refills that allow your eyelashes to grow, rest, and shed, you can wear NovaLash for years without causing damage to your natural lashes. Andrea herself has worn her NovaLash extensions for over 10 years continuously!
5. You Can Just Roll Out Of Bed
NovaLash is famous for giving clients a dark, thick lash line and swoon-worthy length. In fact, NovaLash extensions often give you the look of wearing mascara and eyeliner – without any of the effort. This allows you to look and feel your best when you just don’t have time to apply makeup.
6. The Right Preparation = Better Lash Extensions
If you’re getting ready for your first NovaLash extension appointment, there are a few key things you can do to ensure your lash extensions look even more amazing:
- Come with a clean face: lash extensions should be applied to clean lashes, so clean off eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow before your appointment. For best results, it may be best to skip makeup altogether – even foundation and powder can sit on the lash and may affect the bond between the natural lash and the extension.
- Come comfortable: you’ll be in your appointment for an hour or two, so wear something comfortable. The more comfortable you are, the less fidgeting you’ll do, which makes it easier for your lash artist to apply your extensions. Plus, eyelash extensions are a luxury service, so you might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy!
- Don’t have caffeine before your service: Caffeine can actually cause your eyes to shake and move, which can make it much more difficult to apply your lash extensions. To avoid this, Andrea suggests not having caffeine within 2 hours of your service.
Want some more advice about what to expect when getting lash extensions for the first time? Read our guide!
Special thanks to Andrea Caban, owner of Peace, Luv, and Beauty for providing NovaLash with this exclusive interview. You can find Andrea at her studio in Santa Clarita or online at:
Instagram – @peaceluvbeauty