Sophy Merszei is the award-winning Molecular Biologist, Cosmetic Chemist, CEO, and founder of NovaLash. She revolutionized the eyelash extension industry by introducing safe practices and now NovaLash is the #1 eyelash company in the world and most awarded. For over 30 years, Sophy has been fighting the unpleasant and often debilitating, symptoms of Lyme Disease. Sophy and Team NovaLash are set to bring awareness to this disease since early detection is crucial to the treatment and can prevent the disease from progressing. Education is the first step to prevention.
Lyme Disease is caused by bacterium Borrelia Burgdorferi and is transmitted through a bite of an infected tick. Lyme Disease symptoms mimic other diseases, which makes it extremely difficult to diagnose. It can affect any system of the body, including the brain, nervous system, muscles, and heart.
- Symptoms: Skin Rash, fatigue, headache, muscle and joint pain, fever, etc.
- How to be diagnosed: Signs and symptoms of illness, blood tests, or history of possible exposure to ticks.
- How to help prevent Lyme Disease: Wear repellent, thoroughly check your skin for ticks, shower soon after being outdoors, and visit your doctor.
- Lyme is the fastest growing infectious bacterial disease in the USA.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 cases of Lyme Disease are reported.
- New cases of Lyme increased by 340% between 1993-2013.
- Children around the ages of 5 through 15 are thought to be most at risk of contracting Lyme Disease.
- Lyme Disease causes well over 100 different symptoms.
- 42% of people who contract Lyme Disease can become disabled and unable to work or continue normal daily activities at some point in their lives.